The Makita DHR242 compact SDS+ drill is a 3 mode machine with rotary hammer for masonry drilling, hammer only for masonry chiselling and rotary only for drilling wood and steel and features variable speed and reverse.
The DHR242 features a brushless DC motor which reduces energy loss by 30% giving longer battery run time and saves maintenance. A rubberised rear D grip and side handle make this tool extremely well balanced and comfortable to use and at just 3.3kg it is suitable for prolonged use.
This machine will also accept the DX06 HEPA filter which attaches to the main unit and effectively traps all particle sizes with an efficiency rating of 99.75%.
Makita Brushless 18v SDS+ Hammer Drill, 2 x 5Ah Li-ion Batteries, Fast Charger & MakPac 4 Carry Case
- Voltage: 18 v
- Capacity in Concrete: 24 mm
- Capacity in Steel: 13 mm
- Capacity in Wood: 27 mm
- Impact energy: 2.0 J
- Blows per minute: 0 - 4700 bpm
- No Load Speed: 0 - 950 rpm
- Vibration: Drilling: 3.5 m/sec²
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Hammer Drilling: 13.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Chiselling: 10.5 m/sec²
- Net weight: 3.3 kg
- Able to drill in concrete as fast or faster than 24V Cordless Combination Hammer model DHR200
- One touch slide chuck for SDS-plus bit
- Easy-to-grip handle ergonomically designed to: +give maximum power thrust. +provide a sure and comfortable grip in any operation; overhead application, drilling with palm-up or palm-down grip
- 3 mode operation +Rotation + Hammering +Hammering only +Rotation only
- The tool body is separated into the upper and lower housings at the foot of handle portion where the houses are jointed with vibration absorbing cushion rubbers
- Higher productivity than model DHR202 achieved by using efficient Brushless DC motor to reduce energy loss by 30%
- Unique rubber joint construction suppresses the transmission of vibration to battery terminals, minimizing battery failures such as terminal breakage or poor electrical contact